Sign in to follow this  
H

Recommended game programming books

H    99
Hello all,

first of all, I'm new on this board and yes, asking about game programming books was the main reason for coming here/registering here.

I'm not so new to game programming, I already made a few games with Java (Minesweeper, Who wants to be a millionaire, Space Invaders-Clone, Tic-Tac-Toe), but they all seemed so basic.

What I want to ask is, if you know any good and possibly new (2008+) game programming books, preferably only with pseudo-code or diagrams.
Otherwise I would heavily prefer if the examples are coded with C++.
Perhaps it's also possible that they cover the more advanced topics, like particles, cel-shading, etc.

So, I hope you can recommend me something.

greetz

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english.

frob    44962
[quote name='Häretiker' timestamp='1302552099' post='4797240']
So, I hope you can recommend me something.
[/quote]

The FAQ, available in the top left corner of this and other pages, has a few simple instructions before posting, including: [color="#1C2837"][size="2"][b]Browse and search before you ask.[/b][/size][/color]

If you put your topic title ("Recommended game programming books") into the search box and search the entire forum you will find 320 matches in the past ten months alone. That's right, somebody asks the same question almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. The answer does not change.

If you follow the menu "Resources > Books" in the menu you will be presented with lists of recommended books.

The book recommendation page has discussion on each book listed. You can also sometimes find discussion about specific books in other existing threads.