• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LegendofLink

Art Direction for an iPhone Fighter

This topic is 2598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on a fighting game for the iPhone for the past couple of weeks as my first major programming project past simple stuff like tic-tac-toe. I've created the engine and most of the main in game features, but in order to actually make any characters, I need some sort of theme and art direction for the game. Unfortunately, my artistic talent is rather limited (read:none). I'm not expecting anybody to offer artistic services, I'm just fishing for suggestions on some way I could take the game to make it look professional without going overboard on a simple spare-time project.

Edit: I put this here because in this case, I hope that the art will help sculpt the game-play, not the other way around. What I mean here is that the way the game feels to play needs to correspond to the general art style. For example, I wouldn't want a game with a dark and gritty art style to be all about light and fast play with flashy attacks, just as I wouldn't want a game with a whimsical art style to be slow and methodical in it's game-play execution.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!