Sign in to follow this  
BekkiBlack

Does anyone mind helping me here?

'Kay, thanks for even clicking this question. I appreciate you even care to read this...

I want to know a bit more on how you can do assortments of things on DirectX without memory overloading?

See, the knowledge/ways I perform things on DirectX rely on countless functions that must be called upon to change things, but is there a simpler/more effective way to perform assortments of functions and such on DirectX rather than IF statements or such that call on functions?

Any help at all, in a related way, will be appreciated.

It sort of depends on what you want to do. If you want to change the way your scene is rendered based on hardware, you could check the hardware during your initialization, and then set proper pointers to functions that will be called based on what is available for the given hardware. It will require effort, and you will probably end up rewriting the same piece of code 3 different ways, but your user will (probably) be excited that their expensive hardware is in use.

If what you are talking about [b]is[/b] initialization, then thats OK. Thats what starting your program is all about. Initialization is slow and wasteful; it does not [i]need[/i] to be the most blazingly fast bits to ever hit your processor. Here is something I've learned from reading these forums: You do not need to optimize something that does not [i]need[/i] to be optimized.

That is a (mostly) generic answer. If you want something more specific, I kindly ask that you please post sections of your code and explain why you are unhappy with it, and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a nice day. ;)

[quote][color=#1C2837][size=2]It sounds like you're looking for a game engine instead of direct x?[/size][/color][/quote]

And it sounds like you're a dumbass....

NO, I didn't ask NOTHING pertaining to a game engine, idiot, I asked if there was a smarter solution to memory management and DirectX codes....I want to be able to write DirectX codes but the BEST way that uses the least memory and the most ADVANCED skills....I know it varies but there's no varying when it comes to memory management and proper function calls for proper use. I always end up using like 30 functions to do 4 things whereas I see other source codes that use less than half of that and have little games with AI running...

I'm obviously doing something a little...off. >.<