AI help for a game?

Started by
8 comments, last by IADaveMark 13 years ago
How to make AI?
Advertisement
Google it
Try to be at least a little bit more specific.

It would be a good idea to say
what type of game?
what the AI need to do?
what aspect of the AI you want help with?

[color=#1C2837][size=2]How to make AI?
[/quote]

This will not get you anywhere...............

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

How to make AI?

Step one: program
Step two: write an if/then statement. That's your first AI.

After that, it's a little foggy...

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Google it?

lmao...Why don't you Google it and show me the answers, buddy? :P

Anyways, I need, more specifically, AI help for a tic tac toe game in a Console App using C++.

Please elaborate and is the same logic behind AI in simple Console Apps the same sort of logic behind AI in massive 3-D complicating games? Point being, are they somewhat following the same lines of logic to perform different things?

Google it?

lmao...Why don't you Google it and show me the answers, buddy? :P

Anyways, I need, more specifically, AI help for a tic tac toe game in a Console App using C++.

Please elaborate and is the same logic behind AI in simple Console Apps the same sort of logic behind AI in massive 3-D complicating games? Point being, are they somewhat following the same lines of logic to perform different things?

By asking such a broad question you had to expect broad answers...

AI is concepts, so the type of code it's being developed for doesn't change a thing...

As for massive 3-D complicating games?! well, it all depends on the game and which needs the project has. I guess a Massive Multiplayer Online Tic Tac Toe game would have the exact same AI your Console App can have, if you figure out how to search on the internet how to develop something as simple as TTT AI in the first place...

I expect that the number of hits you would receive for "tic tac toe ai" would be in 6 digits. Likely most of them would point to this very message board. Unless you are willing to show a little bit of initiative, I'm closing this thread. (It seems that you've got priors around these forums.)

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

[quote name='BB1995' timestamp='1302630681' post='4797588']

I expect that the number of hits you would receive for "tic tac toe ai" would be in 6 digits. Likely most of them would point to this very message board. Unless you are willing to show a little bit of initiative, I'm closing this thread. (It seems that you've got priors around these forums.)
[/quote]

But copying source codes for tic tac toe AI/engines from the net is sooooooo gay.

I wanted some walkthroughs on how to create it myself and learn the logical pattern behind it.

Google is for pussies.
spoiled-brats-kids-demotivational-poster-1259700549.jpg
Seeing as the OP has now been banned (not by me)...

Blogs I write:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement