HOW TO SELL IDEA?!

Started by
14 comments, last by cbenoi1 13 years ago
YEAR: 205x.
STYLE: 3rd person(top view) online game. nuclear winter.
nuclear-winter-1280-720-6215.jpg

ACTION: conflict vs world police and antiglobalists & etc. few sides with original idealogy.
seedbank-2.jpg
PLACE: post apocalypse Europe, Russia and Middle East.
nuclear-winter-in-moscow-wallpapers-0.jpg
SKILLS: different weapons, chemical drugs, real human skills

developed during the Cold War like skin vision and etc

UT3 engine. Multilang. single and multiplayer.
http://postomania.ru/post124742421/
I have massive scenario and ready to publish it.

Cheers, Alex UK/RU

Advertisement
It is unlikely that you're going to be able to sell a game scenario.

If you write up a detailed design document about your game, you may be able to assemble a team and start looking for funding/ fund some proof of concept work. If you look for funding outside of your own pockets, you will need a detailed business plan that describes how long the game will take to produce, how much it will cost to make, how it will be marketed and to whom, how much you will sell it for, the amount of revenue you expect, and so on. You should do that anyhow, if you want to make money. However, for an online game, this may not be enough either-- they are extremely expensive to make and maintain, not to mention difficult.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

Realistically, it's unlikely that you'll be able to sell a game idea. Sloperama's FAQ #1 can offer some insight into that for you.

If after reading the FAQ, your approach is still going to be to sell your idea, then I guess the right place to start would be working on a detailed game design document including price and time estimates for the various segments of the game. And probably start reading literature on making contacts, pitching ideas and making good impressions because you'll need those at a bare minimum to pull off this unlikely feat.

Man, you stole some seriously beautiful artwork.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Supply and demand cause the value of ideas to approach 0. The value is in successfully executing the idea. For inexperienced game designers, a lot of the design happens when they are implementing their vision and come across holes they had not considered. Getting around the technical, art, design and other limitations is often the hardest part.
thanx everyone for helpful ansvers and links! Best in this case to interest some game developing companys.. I think..
cheers!

thanx everyone for helpful ansvers and links! Best in this case to interest some game developing companys.. I think..

No. No developer can help you. It's the same problem. They have to sell your idea to a publisher, but before they can do that, they have to create a demo and a budget and a schedule. Why should a developer spend all the time and resources to do all that for your idea, when they already have a lot of ideas of their own?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I hope you guys know, none of you are getting paid when this guy gets rich of this idea.

...it's just genius.

I hope you guys know, none of you are getting paid when this guy gets rich of this idea.

...it's just genius.

Hilarious!
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
Moving to Business/Law

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement