Sign in to follow this  
nuclear123

creating debug console

nuclear123    119
I want to make a debug console window, with allocConsole(), to have input sent to it about program debug information. My question is how can i associate my debug console to my win32 CUI application, if a program can only have 1 associated console with it? -thx

SiCrane    11839
It would probably just be a lot easier to use OutputDebugString() with your debugger than to create a second console.

0x3a    109
If you are look for something like, for example, the Unreal Tournament 2004 console which also allows input of commands etc. I am currently working on a library for this purpose exactly. I will probably finish the first stable working version in the next 2 weeks. I'll reply here or PM you, as of now I don't really have an answer unless I would explain the entire logging library I'm making ;)

rip-off    10979
A process can only have one console. You'll need to think of something else. You could write your debug stuff to a file. You could create a sub-process with its own console and use some for of IPC. You could create a window that looks like a console.

Do you want to be able to read input from this debug console?