Isn't this too much?

Started by
16 comments, last by szecs 13 years ago
Hi,
Question is fairly simple, isn't it too much to learn C# if i am already know C++ fairly well, SDL, planning to learn OpenGL or DirectX and QT, and recently I have been learning HTML and CSS, cause I wanted to create simple website, I want to learn C# because I want to create simple GUI programs in Windows Environement.

But in future I dream to become game programmer. So isn't it too much for me to learn? I can learn C# and try to create some programs, maybe Notepad or GUI Calculator and later I will be back to C++,polish my SDL skills and learn OpenGL or something like that. Aside that, I'm polishing my skills in maths, cause of course I will need that in game developing...

Deltron Zero and Automator.

Advertisement
Probably not, though I can't say I have done any coding in c#, but you already know most of the keywords & syntax if you know c++, right?
The game industry is very competitive. The more you know, the better. If you don't try and learn all that at once and take it all in small manageable chunks, you should be alright. C++ and C# are partly similar anyway. You'll be able to apply knowledge from one to the other.
Previuosly, about year ago, when I already knew basics of C++ tried C#,it was very similar, and I was surprised of C# library - it was so HUGE and powerful, it is attractive to me since when, maybe I can learn XNA and do game projects as hobby, but I still will need to learn OpenGL and DirectX and get very advanced with C++ since I weant to be game programmer

You spend too much time thinking about what you should do, think and learn...
There is lots to learn, but you have plenty of time. Once you get a good bit of experience you'll accelerate your rate of picking these things up. Learning a new API won't seem so daunting, it will become routine. Learning a new language is a bit more involved, but there are only a few major paradigms in the programming world,. Once you've learned a language that uses each you'll be able to pick up a related language in a reasonably short period of time.
@PrestoChung Yeah, it's very similar

@win_crook thanks for answer

@szecs You have opened my eyes MAN, thank you very much! I will go now and download Visual Studia 2008 C# express and watch some tutorials

@rip-off Thanks for such nice response :)

@PrestoChung Yeah, it's very similar

@win_crook thanks for answer

@szecs You have opened my eyes MAN, thank you very much! I will go now and download Visual Studia 2008 C# express and watch some tutorials

@rip-off Thanks for such nice response :)

Any you worry too much mon!

Any you worry too much mon!

i know, this is in my blood and I must to get rid of this "bug" :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement