XNA Assistance Please?

Started by
0 comments, last by Blaargenheimer 13 years ago
Hello,

I joined this forum to see if I could get some assistance. Attached is a small XNA 3.1 source in which I created 2 classes/components: camera used as a service, and grid used as a drawablecomponent. The grid is designed to show the axis of x, y, and z in dif colors. The cam rotates around the grid. Now here is my issue: The entire axis are not showing at all. It elongates the axis nearest the camera location, but does not show the rest of the axis on the other side. For example: if the camera is in the +,+,+ quad, and close to the positive X axis, I'll see it as it goes from identity(0,0,0) toward the camera, but the portion of the line is not displayed on the negative side. I'm using drawuserindexprimitive with vertexPositionColor arrays to draw the line, made the lines extend from -1500 to + 1500, and the frustum is 1 to 9000. Below is an image of the result. Also, when the app starts, and when the cam is oriented a certain way, all I can see is a small amount of the lines. The cam starts 100 away from the origin, so perhaps that is part of the problem. Am I missing a config for the GraphicDevice or something? Oh, the text represents the cam position.

Grid_ProblemSS.jpg

Thanks in advance for any useful information.
Advertisement
I figured it out. I needed to create a FOV projection matrix.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement