Designing a bot to find location of objects in a field

Started by
2 comments, last by alexjc 12 years, 11 months ago
[font=Arial,]

This is a part of my AI project. I have to implement a bot, which occupies a square, in a field of LXW squares. If a square in the field is empty, it has value 0, if it is occupied by an object, its value is 1. A continuous set of squares with value 1 is called an object.

I have to figure out the identity and location of all objects in the field

I have the following info :

sense() : this function returns occupancy status of my neighbouring 8 squares
move(x) : allows me to move to a neighbouring square in x direction
getId(x) : gives me id of object in x direction wrt me, and if there is no object, returns -1

However, whenever I call a sense or getID function, the object can move to a different position with a small probability

I was thinking of using BFS to traverse the grid. Or would it be better to keep a list of already traversed positions and move randomly? What are some of the AI techniques that I could use to solve this problem? How about some planning techniques?

[/font]

I blog here : http://lameness-prevails.com/
Advertisement
bump!
I blog here : http://lameness-prevails.com/
It's kind of a standing rule around GameDev to not help people on homework. Just sayin'.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

[font="Arial,"][size="4"][size="4"][size="4"]I have the following info:[/font]

On the off chance this isn't homework, you should start here. Why are you imposing these restrictions on yourself? You can solve the problem easier and get better results by avoiding this fake "robot" interface. It's not like you're actually building a robot :-) Just give your AI access to all the information it needs -- game AI style!

Alex

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement