Sign in to follow this  

No Beginner Sticky?

This topic is 2469 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just referred a young kid to the forum who's starting out and jumped on to see what the posts looked like and realized there's no beginner sticky/faq. How can this be?

Where did all the stickies from the old forum go?

[quote name='Tom Sloper' timestamp='1302877917' post='4798787']
Above the posts there is an FAQ link. Seems like nobody ever uses it before posting.
[/quote]

Oy...old forumitis got me. I swear I looked around but didn't see it. Thanks Tom.

Above the posts there is an FAQ link. Seems like nobody ever uses it before posting.
[/quote]

Hmmmmm. I think most people would look for a sticky first (those who would look for anything that is). Maybe there should be a sticky that's like, "Yo read the faq [u]here[/u]" just to increase visibility?

At the same time, I do rather like how the first page of the forum isn't cluttered with a dozen stickies.

[quote name='PropheticEdge' timestamp='1302882762' post='4798814']
[/quote]

Hmmmmm. I think most people would look for a sticky first (those who would look for anything that is). Maybe there should be a sticky that's like, "Yo read the faq [u]here[/u]" just to increase visibility?[/quote]
I have one of those in the forum I moderate. I'll leave the honor of posting one here to this forum's mod.

Sign in to follow this