No Beginner Sticky?

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years ago
I just referred a young kid to the forum who's starting out and jumped on to see what the posts looked like and realized there's no beginner sticky/faq. How can this be?

Where did all the stickies from the old forum go?
Advertisement
Above the posts there is an FAQ link. Seems like nobody ever uses it before posting.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Above the posts there is an FAQ link. Seems like nobody ever uses it before posting.

Oy...old forumitis got me. I swear I looked around but didn't see it. Thanks Tom.

Hmmmmm. I think most people would look for a sticky first (those who would look for anything that is). Maybe there should be a sticky that's like, "Yo read the faq here" just to increase visibility?

At the same time, I do rather like how the first page of the forum isn't cluttered with a dozen stickies.

[quote name='Tom Sloper' timestamp='1302877917' post='4798787']

Hmmmmm. I think most people would look for a sticky first (those who would look for anything that is). Maybe there should be a sticky that's like, "Yo read the faq here" just to increase visibility?[/quote]
I have one of those in the forum I moderate. I'll leave the honor of posting one here to this forum's mod.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement