bone matrices in 3d formats...

Started by
25 comments, last by JoakimPdelski 13 years ago
I forgot, I still don't know what can be done to the outmost bones, they don't have children to which they are connected, but they seem fine in your screenshot.
Advertisement
bump....
Yes! I just tested it and it's true. Thank you again. But Im afraid I still need to know how you handle the outmost bones?

Yes! I just tested it and it's true. Thank you again. But Im afraid I still need to know how you handle the outmost bones?

There is nothing special about those, they are just attached to their parent as is.
but they seem fine in your screenshot. I have few dozen bones now that look weird. Did you maybe render the outmost bones as spheres to make it look so perfect?

but they seem fine in your screenshot. I have few dozen bones now that look weird. Did you maybe render the outmost bones as spheres to make it look so perfect?

In my screenshot, yes, the bones are all spheres, with pyramids going from parent to child. Since the outermost bones don't have children, they don't have pyramids coming out of them. This could be just a Maya thing? But nothing special was done when I took this screenshot. Thats just the way it always looks.
OK, it makes sense now, here at Blender you have a sphere for the base of the bone and a pyramid coming out of it which represents the bone's lenght and angle. So even if you have not connected any bones, the pyramid is still there, hence why it looks weird. Im afraid all bone shapes in Blender are like that, but as Blender supports custom bone shapes, I can just make a sphere and set some bones to render as one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement