Sign in to follow this  
Bow_vernon

Still confused... T.T

Bow_vernon    323
Im stuck when implementing kinematic chrcter cntroller, I guess I have to distinguish it from rigid bodies, but then how will it interact with other things in a scene. How would I manipulate its movement? should I make custom collision response? Im gonna EXPLODE oh shit >.<

wildbunny    550
[quote name='Bow_vernon' timestamp='1302994141' post='4799291']
Im stuck when implementing kinematic chrcter cntroller, I guess I have to distinguish it from rigid bodies, but then how will it interact with other things in a scene. How would I manipulate its movement? should I make custom collision response? Im gonna EXPLODE oh shit >.<
[/quote]

Has your engine got constraint joints in it right now? If yes, great - the character controller should be another constraint. If not, you'll need to do it the traditional way and apply forces/impulses at the beginning of the time-step :)

Bow_vernon    323
Honestly, I havent code joint/constraint solver, I plan to do it later. I need to do character controller first. I hope someone could give me suggestions, advice, anything...should I create another class (CKinematicBody)? and handle kinematic body vs rigid body interaction separately?

Bow_vernon    323
Whoops Im mainly confused at how to stepup a small obstacle. If I use capsule and hit the wall, I got two contacts, one is low(steppable), one is high. Now if I step up the lower one, it will climb infinitely... =.=a Unless I use cylinder...