Rotations In DirectDraw7

Started by
5 comments, last by Crash 22 years, 7 months ago
I''ve recently invested in OpenGL Game Programming (Excellent book btw) and I have found that OpenGL has arotate function and I was wondering if there is such a function in directdraw7? If there is what is the definition and what aret he parameters? Thanx In Advance, Crash, We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success
"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001
Advertisement
I think there is but it is not always supported by the graphics card and or driver.

In other words NO ! (not if you want your program to run on all macines out there).
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Just remember that the DirectX equivalent of OpenGL is Direct3D, not DirectDraw.

DirectDraw''s Blt method can do rotated Blt but no video card implements it in 2D. It either doesn''t work or is very slow (emulated in software mode).

The moral is : forget it or use D3D (or OpenGL )
Ok, thanks for the help anyway guys. I''ll just stick with OpenGL.
"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001
YEAH!

I love OpenGL games, they are much better than D3D ones.

Only in some cases there has been success with D3D, but mostly
those games s*x (are not as good).

I envy you for knowing OpenGL enough to use it.
I will run out and buy a OpenGL book as soon as I have the cash.

CU!
Hey, Anonymous Poster I''m a D3D programmer and my proffesional
opinion is that D3D is way better than OpenGL. It lets you do more things at higher speed.The reason why a lot of D3D games come out so bad is the inexperience of the programmer working with a low level 3D API like D3D.
Or because OpenGL USED to be better than D3D ?

(Not that I know..just what people say)
-------------Ban KalvinB !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement