• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monopoly...

This topic is 5980 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''am trying to make a monopoly game but i don''t know how to make the player move the correct number of stepps from one street to another (hope you understand) so please any tips...

Advertisement
Okey thanks...
But then i got another question (i don''t know what happend to my brian, it doesn''t work ) what is the best way to make the streets "Struct or Class" and how to make the game count it''s way. If i''m standing on Go and is going to move 2 steps how do i make the game know what Stru/Class to use...

Please help a tired beginner...

Use the same struct / class for each board location. Here are some ideas for the type of fields it should have:

flag indicating it''s type: real estate / draw a card / railroad / luxury tac, etc.

it''s price to purchase

fields indicating its payment schedules (houses, hotels, and so on)

methods to be called for the player action: draw a card, pay income tax, go to jail, etc.

I''ve never programmed a Moniopoly game, but it seems pretty straightforward. There''s probably only about 7 different types of things a player has to do: Just brute force it with a specific type of function for each if you have to.

• Advertisement