• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Problem with packages

This topic is 6005 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I''m trying to put a bunch of files that I have into a package and it isn''t working. I have 3 files that I have written: Link.java, LinkedList.java, and ListIterator.java. I want to put all of these files into a package called LinkedList. So at the top of every file I put "package LinkedList;". Link.java compiled just fine, but the other two won''t because the compiler says it can''t find my Link class! I''ve tried everything. I put Link.java and Link.class into a folder called LinkedList and that didn''t work. I tried putting the other files into that folder and that didn''t work either. I''ve always had trouble with packages so I never really used them. But now I really need to use them because the size of my projects are growing. What do I need to do? I tried setting the PATH and CLASSPATH to be equal to the directory just below the LinkedList folder and that doesn''t work either. What do I do?

Advertisement
Nevermind, I got it. I accidentally put "package LinkList;" in my LinkedList and ListIterator classes. :D

• Advertisement