• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Problem with packages

This topic is 6098 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I''m trying to put a bunch of files that I have into a package and it isn''t working. I have 3 files that I have written: Link.java, LinkedList.java, and ListIterator.java. I want to put all of these files into a package called LinkedList. So at the top of every file I put "package LinkedList;". Link.java compiled just fine, but the other two won''t because the compiler says it can''t find my Link class! I''ve tried everything. I put Link.java and Link.class into a folder called LinkedList and that didn''t work. I tried putting the other files into that folder and that didn''t work either. I''ve always had trouble with packages so I never really used them. But now I really need to use them because the size of my projects are growing. What do I need to do? I tried setting the PATH and CLASSPATH to be equal to the directory just below the LinkedList folder and that doesn''t work either. What do I do?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!