• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Yoyoyoyo

Requirements for XNA games on other systems.

This topic is 2671 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I heard that xna games will run on other computers with the xna redist and .net. Though for a XNA game using networking, the client would need a full XNA studio install. Is this correct?
Cheers.

Advertisement
You're not supposed to use the networking stuff on Windows. It's 100% strictly supposed to be used for debugging 360 games.

Ohhh! God.. How does one code multiplayer games with XNA?
The same way you would code any other PC multiplayer game. Find a networking library, and put it to use.

You're not supposed to use the networking stuff on Windows. It's 100% strictly supposed to be used for debugging 360 games.

(i just thought that i had to point this out)
its only the PC platform that cant use the XNA networking code (it is illegal to do so, must be to promote XBOX)
and they only need the XNA redist and the .Net Fx for XBOX and not the whole FrameWork
but lidgren is a good idea

[quote name='Flimflam' timestamp='1303933264' post='4803687']
Lidgren is a good managed library for doing networking. http://code.google.c...n-network-gen3/

I'll put in another vote for Lidgren. It is easy to use.

[/quote]
Make it three votes. It's fairly easy to get working. I can't say I've ever tested it's performance, but I bet it's more than up to the job.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!