• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GuhanTerror

i need to create a multiplayer game

This topic is 2612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi.i need to create a massive multi player virtual game.in this ? program which i have to use (optional: it should be user friendly) and ? designer i have use.(optional: it should be user friendly).thnx for ur reply. :).my email id is [email="xxx.guhan@yahoo.com"]xxx.guhan@yahoo.com[/email].thnx.

Advertisement

hi.i need to create a massive multi player virtual game.in this ? program which i have to use (optional: it should be user friendly) and ? designer i have use.(optional: it should be user friendly).thnx for ur reply. :).my email id is [email="xxx.guhan@yahoo.com"]xxx.guhan@yahoo.com[/email].thnx.

Luckily, the internet has just the thing for answering those questions!

If you need better (more precise) answers, you need to formulate better (more precise) questions. Like, how big is your team, what genre of MMORPG, what level of experience do you have, what's your budget, etc.

Okay, here's what you do:
1) You download this excellent piece of software called World of Warcraft. It's already got a whole MMORPG, except for one big piece.
2) You download a very popular piece of software called Mangos. It is that missing piece.
3) You read the documentation for Mangos and you have an MMORPG just like you needed!

You're very welcome!

[color=#1C2837][size=2]how big is your team?
[color=#1C2837][size=2]what genre of MMO?
[color=#1C2837][size=2]what level of experience in developing games do you have?
[color=#1C2837][size=2]what level of experience in operating online systems do you have?
[color=#1C2837][size=2]what's your budget?
[color=#1C2837][size=2]

[color=#1C2837][size=2]Sadly, I don't quite understand what "online social, virtual game" means. What's "virtual" about it? Is this like MafiaWars? CityVille? It Girl? Something else?

my team contain me and two designers.in this i am youngest.they r abt 20 and above and i am 14 :lol:.

genre:check this website for my genre here

i dont have much experince in gaming and os

i dint decide my budget.i have to decide it after i get full detail in this matter.thnx for ur reply

I don't think you can do what you want to do with the resources you have listed. It's not a matter of tools or engines at all, it's a matter of what's needed to actually build and operate systems like these.

If you want to start anyway, let me answer your questions directly:

There is no "must" for what tools you have to use. You can use MS Paint to draw images -- but most designers use Photoshop, building layers and scripts to export sprites into the needed formats. You can download Paint.NET or the Gimp, or you buy Photoshop from Adobe.
You can use Flash MX to build the interactive parts, scripting it in ActionScript, or you can use HTML 5 with JavaScript if you don't want Flash. To develop for HTML 5 and JavaScript, you use any text editor, such as Notepad++ or gedit. To develop for Flash Player, you use Flash MX. You buy Flash MX from Adobe.
You can use any kind of application server as a back-end -- write something in Google App Engine, or J2EE, or whatever. Most important is to make sure that the rules live on the server side, and the clients just send requests, rather than having actual authority over state.

To develop for Google App Engine, you use any text editor, and a Python or Java development environment. You download the App Engine development environment from Google.

thnx for ur reply.is there any difference in using flash and java and ? means phython

The fact that you're asking this question means that you're not ready to actually develop this kind of application.
I suggest you start with something simple, like a single-player game based on a known model, such as Tetris or Space Invaders or something.
Once you've done that, maybe write something simpler that's networked, like a multiplayer pong game.
Once you've managed to succeed at both of those, you may be ready to start thinking about a MMO social game.
The FAQ for this forum, and the education/getting started sections of this web site, will point you in the right way, assuming you're willing to do searching and reading on your own to get there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!