DXUT usage

Started by
1 comment, last by LiamO'Shea 12 years, 11 months ago
So, I am just getting started with my design, and I'm evaluating what is out there to make life easier (or make my planned feature set more robust), and I've started looking at DXUT to handle my UI. Has anyone worked extensively with DXUT? Is it work implementing, or should I just look at code that uses it and extract/improve on the things I like?
Advertisement
I'd say it's fine for graphical demos, but for anything more complex than that you'll want to find or develop a better solution.

I'd say it's fine for graphical demos, but for anything more complex than that you'll want to find or develop a better solution.

That's what I figured. All I was really looking at it for was saving me the time of developing the classes to support a UI. After looking into it though, that turns out to be no where near as complex as I was afraid it would be. It's really little more than a set of classes with a callback, a couple of textures, and a method for determining if a point is contained within the object's rectangle.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement