• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jor1980

Problem uncompressing file formed by chunks zipped

This topic is 2613 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i am trying to uncompress some files that are built with zipped chunks,

the problem is that i only achieve to decompress the first chunk using the .net class deflatestream. the chunks has 4 bytes that shows the uncompressed length, then this four bytes 00 00 00 01, and then starts the compressed data always with the byte ED. if i passed the data that starts from the ED byte + the compressed length to the deflatestream i achive to decompress the chunk.

if i go from the start of the compressed data to his address plus the compressed length i can see the next compressed chunk the problem is that not all the chunk has the same number of bytes before the ones that shows the length of the compressed data of the chunk so i can´t make an algorithm to uncompress all the chunks.

Any clue about this?

Advertisement
Obvious question: how are these files created? Compressed file formats are usually correctly designed and well documented.
Either some bug in the compression creates actually ambiguous output that cannot be decompressed, or the variable lengths are stored somewhere and you are failing to use them, or lengths aren't variable and you are grossly misunderstanding the file format.

the files are .rx3 files from a famous soccer game used to store textures and 3d models, the problem is that i don´t create the files i just want to decompress it to insert my own textures in them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!