• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JeremGH

Recreate Zelda - Ocarina of Time

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I am new in the website, but I've been forwarded here by one of my friends. Thank you for welcoming me to your great community. Here is the topic I want to share with you:

I was starting to work on a project to recreate Zelda Ocarina of Time, same story, but with different engines and better environements. Also, I wanted it to be more mature, and darker. And I have no skills on designing 3D environnements, even though I have been trying to get used to it for a few weeks (Maya, which is completly out of my reach, and UDK, more simple but still). On the other hand, I can draw modifications to existing environements or characters, like artworks if you want.
I know this is really a big thing, and that it could last a very long time, but as I'm wandering in Hyrule, I can't thing about anything else than how great the game would look like with high graphics...
Anyway I'm looking for interested and motivated people, motivated because I have no money to offer.
I hope this won't seem too crazy...

Thanks in advance.

JEREMY

Advertisement
I don't recommend this, at all.
There's no commercial value since it would be blatant violation of copyright law. Most people of talent will not work on a project for free, even if it is to update an excellent and ancient video game.

My recommendation is to try to create a game with similar game mechanics, but with your own story and characters, and with intent to sell it. That may attract people.

Gamedev does not allow fangames or fanfaction to be discussed or promoted in the forum due to legal and ethical concerns. There's nothing wrong with studying an existing game as a basis for designing your own game, but using someone else's story, level design, puzzle design, etc. is theft.

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.