So where do I start

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 11 months ago
Hi I'm new here. I do illustration, and I also compose a lot of music. I'm quite good at both and was hoping to become a part of someones project. I often feel like I wanna apply my art, and/or music to something like an animation or game. I do plan to one day be an Art designer of sorts in the gaming industry, since I fancy drawing more, but I certainly love doing both. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully get pointed in the right direction, so my art and music can have a purpose.

Excuse any typos, or grammar mistakes, I'm kinda nervous, as this is my first time on a forum, and I know they usually have strict rules.

I have examples of work I could show you, but I don't wanna post a link of anything till I know it's okay for me to do that.
Advertisement
The For Beginners subforum in particular is effectively a programming forum. So are you asking how to get started as a programmer?  

Or do you want to focus on graphics and/or music? There are the Visual Arts and Music and Sound subforums that might be more suited for you.

Also, you'll notice there's a lot of posts in the forum. There's also this thing called a Forum FAQ (CTRL-F if you can't find the link). We kind of expect that people read the FAQ. Then they search the existing posts in the forum. I.e. you should ask a question in addition to what you have read and learned from existing posts. The "how do I start" question gets asked about three times a day. So it's kind of annoying if you don't actually look at the rest of the countless responses.

So if you could read existing material, search the forums, read the responses and discussions, and then amend your post or add to it with more details and indications that you are aware of existing advice, we'll be much more inclined to help you.
Hello Shining,
I'm moving your "Hello" post to Your Announcements, but if you want to join a team, you need to post in Help Wanted, and use the Help Wanted format. If you ever have questions about breaking into the industry, you can go to the Breaking In forum and read the FAQs, then post a question.
Good luck

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement