Tell me what you think of my music!

Started by
19 comments, last by JoeCooper 12 years, 11 months ago
Hello!
I have a lot of music I compose, that usually don't do much of anything with, and was hoping that could add it and maybe compose for someone's project. However, before I do that I wanna get some opinions first see if I'm even cut out for music, since I'm actually more of an illustrator.

I 'll share some of my best works with you guys so I can hopefully impress.
These are songs I worked really hard on, or am quite proud of. Its okay to be honest too, I'm looking for a critique of my work so I know where to improve.
I also would love some compliments too though.

Ether Frontier

It's meant to sound like a menu/map theme to like a sci-fi based game.

Hole in the earth

A dungeon theme

Testiment

Boss battle

Resistance

Battle theme

The Fierce Champion

Somewhat of a final battle theme

Master

Special boss battle

Sink into the hands of the goddess
An emotional theme

Eternal sleep in the stars

Probably the best final boss theme I've made (so far, this one is some what old)

So yeah tell me what you think of my music.
I also did the sketch thats in the background for an example of my illustrated work.
Hope you guys enjoy, remember feedback!
Advertisement
I like what you did thar. :wub:

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

I like what you did thar. :wub:

I like what you did thar laugh.gif
Not bad stuff. So far I think Fierce Champion is my favourite.

Not bad stuff. So far I think Fierce Champion is my favourite.

Thanks moe really appreciate your comment!
Not bad. I agree Fierce Champion is awesome, waaay above the others. It contains feeling.
As for the rest, I can see you're getting there.
What I note, specially in Eternal sleep in the stars, Resistance, Testiment & Master, is that it gets too repetitive and monotone... fast. Repetitive because it's the same all over again not too much variation in the rythm or melody, monotone because I hear the same instruments all being played almost at the same time the whole time. Only a few fade in, a few fade out, but it's really a tight set of instruments, combined with the repetitiveness one can get tired fast.

It's constructive criticism, if you fix those 2 things, and put some feeling like I can see in Fierce Champion, you're gonna have really beautiful, mind blowing enviable pieces.

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Edit: Forgot to say, I see some Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy inspired themes there, aren't they?

Not bad. I agree Fierce Champion is awesome, waaay above the others. It contains feeling.
As for the rest, I can see you're getting there.
What I note, specially in Eternal sleep in the stars, Resistance, Testiment & Master, is that it gets too repetitive and monotone... fast. Repetitive because it's the same all over again not too much variation in the rythm or melody, monotone because I hear the same instruments all being played almost at the same time the whole time. Only a few fade in, a few fade out, but it's really a tight set of instruments, combined with the repetitiveness one can get tired fast.

It's constructive criticism, if you fix those 2 things, and put some feeling like I can see in Fierce Champion, you're gonna have really beautiful, mind blowing enviable pieces.

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Edit: Forgot to say, I see some Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy inspired themes there, aren't they?

Thanks for your critique! Your actually the first person who mentions the repetition, I'm actually guilty of that since when I make a song I kinda get stuck sometimes, and try to make the melody repeat. Thing is though I was slightly expecting that to be said about testiment, and master, but resistance and Eternal sleep not so much. I also dont know what you mean by monotone, just cause I'm not really sure what you mean by it XD. But yeah I know some of my stuff gets repetitive, but is it really hindering the music that much? Irony be told, I actually thought people would say more bad things about Fierce Champion.

And yes I do indeed try to take influence from those games with my music. But not just Noboru, yoko, junya, and masashi. I also love Sakurai, and really love the music of kota hoshino. I mostly enjoy Junichi aka the pokemon composer.

What about my other songs? and what do you like about the ones you commented on? I would love to hear what you think of Ether Frontier, since it's one of my favorites.
Well, I really liked your music :)

I was wondering: what's your equipment (Sequencer/VST, Tracker?)

Well, I really liked your music :)

I was wondering: what's your equipment (Sequencer/VST, Tracker?)

Thanks! I use FLstudio, the VST plugs I use is edirol. I also use random other things that came with my copy of FL.
Edirol, great stuff, I've been using it for years before I bought my EWQL Orchestra gold :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement