• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
afraidofdark

DX11 D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain fails

This topic is 2697 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello,
During creation of the swapchain, some people encounter this error "ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND" , (not me and many other people who has directx sdk)
I did a little research and found out this,

dependency walker log:

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

missing modules are MSVCR90.DLL IESHIMS.DLL, I use 64bit windows however my codes are compiled as 32bit programs AMAZING3D.DLL DX11RENDERSYSTEM.DLL are my dlls and they are 32bit. Also MSVCP90.DLL and MSVCR90.DLL are x86 all other dlls are x64

this is the program :
http://dl.dropbox.co...alfaRelease.rar

exe is under ./dist/release/test.exe If you run the program, it will create a log, please share log file if you run the program.

this is the code, that fails.

for( UINT driverTypeIndex = 0; driverTypeIndex < numDriverTypes; driverTypeIndex++ ) {

mDriverType = driverTypes[driverTypeIndex];

hr = D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(NULL,
mDriverType,
NULL,
mDeviceFlags,
featureLevels,
numFeatureLevels,
D3D11_SDK_VERSION,
&sd,
&mSwapChain,
&mD3dDevice,
&mFeatureLevel,
&mImmediateContext);

if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
break;

}

if(FAILED(hr))
AmzStop("Failed to create Directx11 device " + errorMessage());

Advertisement
to test what happens to other people without a visual studio and dx11 sdk , I formated my laptop, installed vista sp2 and appropriate updates for dx11 and current dx11 redistributables, however surprisingly I got the same error, [font=CourierNew, monospace][size=2]D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain methot returns an error [/font][color=#1C2837][size=2]ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!