Unity 3D: Boo Scripting (NEED HELP)

Started by
1 comment, last by Kylotan 12 years, 10 months ago
I have recently become interested in Boo scripting Unity 3D thanks to AnotherVenue's Youtube video (www.youtube.c...h?v=8c2JRiZf970) and forum posts on Unity3d.com. I have been using Unity 3D for over a year now and I finally want to have an attempt at making a proper game. There is almost no documentation and tutorials on Boo scripting and I was wondering if anybody out there can help me or is having the same problem? Thanks.
Advertisement
After much consideration I have chosen to abandon Boo and learn UnityScript instead. It has a much larger and more active and helpful community as well as sufficient documentation and tutorials.
Sorry for the very late reply, but I think you've made the correct choice. I had a go with Boo, and despite being familiar with Python, Boo is too different to be easy to use anyway. The static typing, while finding some potential bugs compared to Python, makes the code very awkward to write because the static types required by the .NET libraries 'infect' the rest of the code (a bit like inconsistent 'const' use can in C++). It doesn't help that the Boo website is half broken (although most of the broken links can be manually fixed) and that there isn't much of a community around it.

UnityScript is essentially just Javascript anyway and is a fine alternative: as is C#.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement