• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bow_vernon

Did you notice it?

This topic is 2703 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi umm Me and myfriend are making a 2d platformer with slopes. I just finished working on the algorithm for collision detection and response, while my friend is responsible
for getting the graphic done. So I managed to get a demo without graphic (just fancy lines, it's prototype man :( ). Somehow I noticed a bit jitter when the avatar is going downhill. I sent the demo to my friend and he said that Id better not worry about it.
But I guess I'm a perfectionist, so I humbly ask you if you notice the jitter. And if you know any good algorithm to fix it, Id be delighted of course

Here's a crappy snapshot :
222313_1717452179261_1326951482_31494686_4851895_n.jpg

And here's the download link:
CLICKY

edit : please tell me what you think about the demo anyway, it's kinda important since I cant measure myself objectively thanks :D

Advertisement
Didn't notice it. When at the bottom of a steep value though it does jump around alot, I'd say that bit was unacceptable but just going downhill in general was fine.

Anyway, sorry there was a bug that cause no frame limiting in my app.......I need to recompile and send it back, but Im at work today and dont have time until tomorrow

@Nanoha : perhaps that's caused because of it(bug in frame limiter)....I'll fix it soon though :(

Edit :
@Nanoha again, yes that will appear when standing at extremely sharp feature...but that is rare, in my experience. Anyway, since there's a bug in frame limiter...please activate vsync when palying with teh demo. Thanks....

I noticed it, but it was rather hard to see.

I think it is caused by this:
- Move to the right (Stays in Air now)
- Apply Gravity (Not strong enough at the first time)
- Render frame (Still in air)

In the next few frames the gravity will catch up and you're standing on your slope as you should.

Just an idea...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!