Osama Bin Laden is Dead.

Started by
147 comments, last by dpandza 12 years, 11 months ago
It's been far too long coming. He was a threat not only to America, but to the entire world. If he had succeeded in destroying us, he would have only found someone else to hate. Such was the sorry bastard's mentality.

For freedom, and rest in pieces you sorry sack of ****.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-obama
Advertisement
10 years! I bought a round for the bar I was in.

Oh, also, May 1st is the 66'th anniversary of the discovery of Adolph Hitler's death. Technically, he died on April 30th, but he was found today.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

10 years! I can't believe it. My buddy got the message first from checking Drudge Report. I immediately bought a round for the bar. ESPN started showing shots of people at the Phillies v. Mets game getting the news on their phones. People at the bar who were asking me if I was serious started getting text messages. Within 10 minutes, everyone was good and convinced.

Historical note: Adolph Hitler's dead body was discovered on May 1st, 1945 (though technically his date of death is April 30th). 66 years later, another asshole murderer dead.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Just saw Obamas' live speech when I got up this morning. Good riddance. One cowardly mass murderer less on the planet. I hope he won't become a martyr.

10 years is indeed a long time. While certainly not the end of terrorism, it will finally close an important symbolic chapter and give at least some justice to all those who lost someone on 9/11 or through another act of terrorism initiated and sponsored by this individual.
Wow, that is kind of crazy. They did mention that Bin Laden was actually dead for awhile and that this news may be up to a week old. It'd be crazy if it was April 30th as well. Either way, it's a pleasure to finally see this news. This was one of the few Obama speeches that I have heard and will not forget.
It's a work-in-progress: Ruin Studios
Wow... cant say more than that.

This is kind of not the time, but I reakon Obamas second term is secured now, no republicans can place him as the typical pacifist, unwilling to act democrat now.

He's been dead for years.... why'd they finally decide to make it official now?

He's been dead for years.... why'd they finally decide to make it official now?

What makes you think he's been dead for years?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Very good news and well done the guys to who got him.

I doubt that he's been dead for a while, AQ or some similar organization would've done something like step up attack against coalition forces in either Iraq or Afghanistan in revenge and would've made it well known why they were doing it.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared, to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heartrending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his training shoes.
What makes you think he's been dead for years?
French, Australian, Saudi and Pakistani intelligence said so.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said so.
Pakistani presidents Asif Ali Zardari and Pervez Musharraf said so.
Boston University and the Australian National University said so.
FBI Counterterrorism chief Dale Watson said so.
The CIA disbanded it's Bin Laden unit five years ago.
I doubt that he's been dead for a while, AQ or some similar organization would've done something like step up attack against coalition forces in either Iraq or Afghanistan in revenge and would've made it well known why they were doing it.
He reportedly died peacefully of disease + natural causes, not coalition bombs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement