• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
thedodgeruk

games with shaders that you can see?

This topic is 2609 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was playering borderlands the other day , and i opened up the folders, just looking and i noticed that you can look at the shaders and there code for this game.

is there any other games that you can do this with.

its a basic way of figuring out the layout that i want to use in mine , and to be able to import them if i want

Advertisement
I know there are at least a couple of other large scale games that have had this. But while looking at their shaders for layout and education purposes is fine, I wouldn't copy or import them into your own project. The reasons being that if you're making a game intended to be commerical, then it's stealing, and if you're making a game cause it's fun and you want to learn, then you aren't actually learning anything by directly copying someone else's shaders.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!