• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SeeMe

[SlimDX] Low polygon count strange problem

This topic is 2787 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

Can you explain me why I'm encounter this strange things :

When I'm in windowed mode, ma camera move is smooth, perfect.
As soon as I go into full screen, my camera movement begin to "Hickup", like if there was missing frame, and stalling somewhere.

I have tried for 2 weeks now to understand this, and today I saw that this only happens if my scene doesn't have a lot to render ! As soon as I push more things to render, the "Hickup" disapear !

Is it something to do with the video card spending too much time doing nothing, and onl in full screen ?

(My video card is quite powerfull GTX580, and at this moment my terran rendering is really basic)

What should I do to resolve tis problem ?

Tx you for your help !

Advertisement
From what I experienced, when you are in fullscreen mode without vsynch or any custom method of frame limiting, framerate should go up to 2000 (!) fps if there is not much on the screen. I quess thats the reason for that behavior here, though U cant say for sure, check your framerate, and either limit it or make movement framerate independenty. Cant tell you how, havnt got a good solution myself..

Hello,

Vsync is on, the Framerate is capped at 120hz in full screen.
But I should have said, that the problem is mainly when I activate the 3DVision stuff from Nvidia that this problem appends !

Right, In fact when in 3D Mode, the flickering stop if I put a Thread.Sleep(10) before my update loop !!

It "seems", that if the update is too quick then Delta between the frame is small, and the new position of the camera suffer from float accuracy problem (inside Nvidia 3D euristic to compute left and right eyes frames).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!