• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
landlocked

Peaceful Objects

This topic is 2701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone found a good way to let objects touch each other without that weird jitter that happens? Usually when I get two objects to touch and often move insyc with each other, there is a odd but frequent and annoying jitter that happens. I suspect this is deeply rooted in the physics engine treating both objects independently but it seems that instead of the kinetic forces gradually depleting from constant banging the forces either get multiplied or remain unchanged and therefore they keep moving instead of eventually coming to a rest if no more outside force is applied. Mostly recently I've seen this by two completely independent circles linked as if in a chain. Oddly enough if each sit on the ground all is well almost as if the gound itself has no "bounce" per say. Has anyone else noticed this?

Advertisement

so dont move objects when they collide you have just written wrong code

If only it were that simple ;) Alas, in actuality, these sorts of problems aren't always trivial to solve.

@The OP: I don't have a good answer for you, but I like your thread title :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!