• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
caballero

[SlimDx 10] WPF

This topic is 2608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Folks,
in all C++ DX Books the authors write about creating a SwapChain with the device to handle the front, buffer which will be presented, and the back buffer, where the next scene will be rendered. Whereas SwapChain.Present will finally swap the two (or x) buffers.

But if I am looking at the SlimDx10 Wpf Sample, there's no dx10 swapchain creation, instead a dx9 swapchain will be created. What I've read so far it's because the D3DImage in WPF doesn't support DX10.
Instead of calling swapchain.present to swap the buffers the device will be flushed (Device.Flush()), where the documentation just says, that all queued commands will be send to the command buffer, which says nothing to me.

Can anyone explain me the general idea how this approach works?

Recently I developed a deferred rendering scenario in DX 10 with SlimDx as an WPF application. The scenario just blur the mesh objects in the scene.
After finally get it to work it show up some strange VSync errors when moving the scene. If I google for that, they always say that swapchain.present will handle these errors, but obviously I've got no swapchain in my hand!

Has anyone tried to create a dx10 swapchain in a slimdx supported wpf application?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!