• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
warmsun

what's the means of interpolated quaternion

This topic is 2602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I feel some confused when i read the interpolated quaternion in real-time rendering 3nd P77~P78. As i know ,quaternion is used to rotate vector or point . There are two factor in quaternion's rotation : the axis A and the radians B. The transform with quaternion will rotate the vector or point by B radians around the axis A . What confuse me is what the interpolated quaternion stand for? To interpolated A or interpolated B when rotation occur? Or both of them?:huh:

Advertisement

hi, I feel some confused when i read the interpolated quaternion in real-time rendering 3nd P77~P78. As i know ,quaternion is used to rotate vector or point . There are two factor in quaternion's rotation : the axis A and the radians B. The transform with quaternion will rotate the vector or point by B radians around the axis A . What confuse me is what the interpolated quaternion stand for? To interpolated A or interpolated B when rotation occur? Or both of them?:huh:

Rather than thinking of the quaternion as a tool for rotation, think of it as a frame of reference. So one quaternion describes your orientation at t=0, and another at t=1, after some transformation

Quat a,b,c;
Quat a.identity();
Quat b = QuatRotation(xaxis,90 degrees);
Quat c = a * b;

Quat C is now equal to quat b. So applying b to a and you get c. Now say you need to only use half of B, ie 45 degrees; Knowing the start, a, and end, c, we can interpolate t=0.5 to get the orientation mid way through that transformation.

:lol: thanks a lot ,i think i get what you means! [color="#284b72"] [color="#000000"]the frame's standpoint is great!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!