• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tamato

Cannot assign to gl_Layer without complie error

This topic is 2695 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not sure which board this should go on, but here is the problem:

I'm getting the complier error:
error(#160) Cannot convert between 'unknown qualifier array of float' to 'default varying array of float'

The extact line of code that is causing the problem is

in float vInstance[3];
gl_Layer = int(vInstance[0]);

This code has no problems running on various Intel cards on Win7 or ipad's

Where this started being a problem is on a Integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 card on a Win7 machine.

The processor on the offending machine is: 1.6 GHz AMD eOntario T56N Dual Core APU

What I'm looking for is why is this happening and what can I do to fix it?

Thank you

Advertisement

Where this started being a problem is on a Integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 card on a Win7 machine.

How old is that card, did you update the drivers and are you sure that they even support the version of GLSL you're using? Also, for the ATI in my notebook I remember I had to explicitely tell it the GLSL version to use or it would stick with the "old" syntax that doesn't know "in"/"out" and uses "varying" instead (which your error message pretty much suggests).

Its a brand new card with the latest drivers. I'll try telling it which verision to use, however it may be a bit before I try it out.

This is happening at work and priorities have changed.

Thank you

just gave it a try and it did not help.

The version that was tried was #version 400

Thank you

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!