Isometric Tileset

Started by
2 comments, last by Darkening 24 years, 3 months ago
I just started a new isometric engine and I would like to know where I could find some tileset so I can test my engine without my crappy tiles I made myself...
---------------------------Unfortunately, no one can be told what a bug is.You have to see it for yourself...
Advertisement
What size tiles are you looking for?
I may be able to help.

David "Dak Lozar" Loeser
bcs@iglou.com
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
I''ll probably use 64x32 for the final version but any will do while I''m coding the engine.
---------------------------Unfortunately, no one can be told what a bug is.You have to see it for yourself...
I''ve had a lot of success using textures from www.freetextures.com; admittedly, I tend to use polygon rendering so square textures are immediately appropriate, but its not hard to rotate/resize tiles in an art package if you want diamond shaped tiles with a colour keyed background suitable for blitting. Of course you get some distortion because of rotating/resizing, but it doesn''t seem to matter too much in games. The alternative is to render a big scene and cut tiles out of it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement