please help

Started by
16 comments, last by way2lazy2care 12 years, 11 months ago
hi guys i want to make a beat em all 3d videogame(god of war) and i dont know where and what things to learn first
im learning some anatomy and perspective and some 3d so i can make some realistic charts but i need to know the process and the things envolved
and please can i make my own game engine and how much time its going to take.????
Advertisement
2cwln5i.jpg
2qxylav.jpg

im still learning

1. hi guys i [sic] want to make a beat em all 3d videogame(god of war) and i [sic] dont know where and what things to learn first
2. and please can i make my own game engine
3. and how much time its going to take.????

1. Read this forum's FAQs (there's a link above).
2. If that's really what you want to do so badly, you can do that. But it's not recommended.
3. Six years.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

thanks bro
six years for a good engine like kinetica game engine (gow).??

thanks bro

I think he was being facetious.

Large games and game engines are not made by individuals any more. There is a good reason that modern games take several million dollars to develop, and even then the cost includes reusing significant amounts of technology from the previous games. Big game engines are big.

The God of War series was made by a studio of experienced and talented developers, they developed their engine over the course of multiple games and six years. MobyGames says there were 156 people on the credits of the last the series. Based on the MobyGames credit lists over the course of the series I'd estimate it averaged 10 programmers * 6 years = 60 programming years.

Based on your posts, it looks like you want to be a character modeler.

That's a very different job from developing a game engine. It is an important job since everything in the game world needs to get modeled. Look at the credits list for GOW3 and scroll down to "art". Shows six character artists, twenty environment artists, seven technical artists, etc.

You could become one of them on a future team.
yeah i know aboy charachter modelling jobs hh but i ! trying to enter the game devlopment world anyway thanks bro hhh i think its impossible to make even a simple level like gow

thanks bro

Six years to learn how to program, and to make the game.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Much longer than that Tom....for a one man operation :)
hhh actually we are 3
please guys can some one tell me the steps to learn in order please c++ then open gl ....................;; pleeeease

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement