GameDev.net Community Challenge!

Started by
319 comments, last by AndyEsser 12 years, 6 months ago
looks good ;)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement
Fist screenshot of the working "engine".

[attachment=2301:screenshot1.jpg]

This is only a testlevel to test the "Plane switching". Gameplay is 2D but allows to switch between planes at crossroads (slightly FEZesque, without the impossible geometry) to give the world more dimension.

Edit: added some "art":
[attachment=2304:screenshot2.jpg]
Your character looks awesome. wink.gif
A little over 24 hours left! I'm seeing some pretty cool stuff here :)
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I'm in circular dependency hell right now, and I don't know how I got there... Well, maybe it has to do with all those huge header files!
I know what you mean I wasn't going to take on nice screen transitioning but I was having other problems that transitioning solves so I took it on and 4 hours later it is done but what a waste of time haha. Gah I hate transitioning code it is so complicated.

Remember to mark someones post as helpful if you found it so.

Journal:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/908-xxchesters-blog/

Portfolio:

http://www.BrandonMcCulligh.ca

Company:

www.gwnp.ca

I know what you mean I wasn't going to take on nice screen transitioning but I was having other problems that transitioning solves so I took it on and 4 hours later it is done but what a waste of time haha. Gah I hate transitioning code it is so complicated.

Ooch, yeah, transitions screens. I'm avoiding them as much as possible, because it'd complicate my code too much. I'm just going to fake it where I can, and not add any, where I can't. tongue.gif

My levels transition from one level to another with no special effect. I just pause the camera from moving as the player continues to move forward off the edge of the screen, making it look like I spent time on it. laugh.gif
I'm out of the competition. Sadly I don't have enough time to get the game finished, due to other problems, such as my exams which are getting closer. Oh well, maybe next time!
Anyway, the screenshots posted in this thread look really good! I can't wait to play the entries! :P (at least I have enough time for that, haha)
Holy crap! I got the project to link again! At least 8 hours wasted on this... I don't even know what caused it in the first place...

All right... Time for some serious sound/level/graphics/music/everything!
Wow Japro, thats impressive, I would have thought it would be impossible to have something that awesome (and complex) in such a short period of time. Keep the good work up everybody.

My game is called Bubble Time (could possibly change this) and is sort of a dual stick shooter type of game. It's mostly complete, I just need to add sound effects and some background music. From there I will just be polishing it and adding a couple more enemies.

image5.png

image3.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement