GameDev.net Community Challenge!

Started by
319 comments, last by AndyEsser 12 years, 6 months ago
It's now Monday evening for me. About to have dinner, then I have until 3am to submit!
How is the submission done by the way? Do we just upload the files to a journal entry?
My latest screenshot:
blogentry-131518-0-57413800-1305540010_thumb.png
Advertisement
Almost 7 AM over here... Only 2 levels done... AARGHH
now ive got something that actually does a little something

so far the objective will be to collect all the crircles with the line through half of it, adn to avoid the red->pink dots that explode when red(it kills you)
now all i have to do if i have the time is to:
get the explosions to spawn on there own, and when all the circles are collected generate new level with more stuff in it.
so far, only about 4 hours to cut off time, right ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

[color=#1C2837][size=2]Almost 7 AM over here... Only 2 levels done... AARGHH [/quote]Same here. Just built the second level. 3 and 1/2 hours remain (I hope I'm counting them right).
I haven't slept tonight, just worked straight through, in classical programmer romanticism style. laugh.gif
As I already feared, just couldn't find the time this weekend. :/
To make up for it I can volunteer as a judge if more are still needed.

Good luck to everyone in these last few hours!
In 5 minutes, it will be 8 AM (CST) - 4 hours left!
Entries have to be submitted before the cut off right? So like 11:50?

Remember to mark someones post as helpful if you found it so.

Journal:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/908-xxchesters-blog/

Portfolio:

http://www.BrandonMcCulligh.ca

Company:

www.gwnp.ca

gallery_89462_192_648008.png

In 5 minutes, it will be 8 AM (CST) - 4 hours left!

Yay! If you're correct, I just gained a very precious hour. ohmy.gif
What just happened? The enemies in my game suddenly became self-aware!

Seriously, my dumb little 'move back and forth repeatedly in a straight line' enemies suddenly started showing advance flocking behaviors and started attacking me. Some are even bouncing off walls, when they actually have zero collision detection code.
Now I'm afraid to touch that part of the code, because suddenly it looks like my enemies were programmed by an actual AI programmer... I have no clue what mistake I made that caused it, but hey, it's making the gameplay a heck of a lot funner!
I'm not overly picky about how you submit your game. If you don't have any file hosting at all then let me know and I'll make a contest FTP user for a server I pay for. It'll be lunch time at work when the end time comes, but I won't be a butt monkey if your game rolls in 5 mins late or whatever. I'm seeing about 3h 15m remaining.

Wan, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have another judge!
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement