GameDev.net Community Challenge!

Started by
319 comments, last by AndyEsser 12 years, 6 months ago

Links broken.

I downloaded it just fine on another computer. Ignore the advertisements around the page, you have to click on the part where it says "Click here to start download from MediaFire.."

I'll try uploading a second one in the method you said, but this link should also work. huh.gif
Advertisement
Anyone with hosting issues (like Servant of the Lord), use my server:

server: ftp.adrianwalker.info
user: gdnet@adrianwalker.info
password: gdnet

Here in a little bit I'll compile a list of links to all of the submissions. All of us judges will get our reviews done and the winners will be announced within the next 36 hours.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Well, I missed the deadline, but I think I'm still going to release my game, once I've cleaned and polished it.

Great work everyone!
I uploaded it to the ftp server.

I also re-uploaded it to MediaFire as a .rar pretending to be a .txt.
http://www.mediafire...q1811h818svrj2l

The zip download is still valid also:
http://www.mediafire...jgx1nvu742j9u26

(And since 5 people downloaded it, I'm guessing it's not broken for everyone)

If you make it to the end, you get to enjoy a poorly written song recorded on a low quality microphone at 1 am in the morning sung by my brother who's throat was hoarse at the time. tongue.gif Still good for some lols though.

I'm now taking a break from the computer for a few hours, then I'll download and enjoy some of the other entrant's entries.
Great work everyone :D! Didn't expect so many games, played for like at least an hour :blink:.
My local chinese has made a fortune from me this weekend (I've just ordered my 4th Takeaway in as many nights...)

[quote name='ryan20fun' timestamp='1305565479' post='4811512']
can you plaease use this version of my games exe ?
ive added a few things when you start it, using SAPI
oh the reason the name is what it is, because i created that project dame day this compitition started and i tried createing a new project but did not want to debug throught VS2010 so that it will accept it, is has this odd thing that if i create a blank project i cant access the C/C++ setting node and i did not want to go createing stdafx and such again when i got a "stock" un altered project that does nothing.

In the Project Explorer - did you have the Project node selected before going to Properties?
[/quote]

no i dont think so, what i normally would do is create a new empty project, but for some reason VS2010 does not show the C/C++ setting node under the projects properties.
so i have had to create the default project for the type i select and then slowly take out and replace the code otherwise the C/C++ option disapears(i have not ideas why, it used to work before i had to reformat my pc because of what of a svchost virus)
but other then that it is working like it is supposed to.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Bah, time has run short and I can't make the deadline. I have the game mechanics done but I don't have a title screen, smooth transitions between levels, and have a few bugs to fix. I guess starting a day late was a bad idea, but had fun anyway. I'm looking forward to playing all of your games =)

My local chinese has made a fortune from me this weekend (I've just ordered my 4th Takeaway in as many nights...)

you should apply for a gold member ship :)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

[quote name='XXChester' timestamp='1305566795' post='4811531']
Links broken.

I downloaded it just fine on another computer. Ignore the advertisements around the page, you have to click on the part where it says "Click here to start download from MediaFire.."

I'll try uploading a second one in the method you said, but this link should also work. huh.gif
[/quote]

Worked this time, last time it kept telling me "Error downloading file" must've been high traffic or something.

Remember to mark someones post as helpful if you found it so.

Journal:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/908-xxchesters-blog/

Portfolio:

http://www.BrandonMcCulligh.ca

Company:

www.gwnp.ca

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement