GameDev.net Community Challenge!

Started by
319 comments, last by AndyEsser 12 years, 6 months ago

CST is technically CDT (UTC-5) right now because of daylight savings time, so it actually starts and ends at 19:00 CEST.

What kiwibonga said :)

Updated contestants again. Theme is announced in approx 25 hours from now!
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Advertisement
I'm in. I might be drunk Friday night, and I might have a date Saturday, but I think I can get something done.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Theme is announced in approx 25 hours from now!

I'm eagerly awaiting!!
Damn, it'll be 3am Saturday in Melbourne when the contest starts!
My entry will be unity-based, so win/mac/web, can do any :D

Damn, it'll be 3am Saturday in Melbourne when the contest starts!
My entry will be unity-based, so win/mac/web, can do any :D

Yeah, that is why I'm announcing at noon my time and giving a full 72 hours instead of 48 to give people in other time zones at least two full days :)
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the theme. I haven't participated in a contest like this for awhile.
Just set up a generic project (empty window on screen), ready to go once the hour hits T minus zero. No going through the usual three hours of "Why is this empty project not compiling?" that my current setup usually requires. laugh.gif

I do hope you chose a good theme. tongue.gif

[color="#1C2837"]Other than the massive platform/SDK/whatever restriction, feel free to use whatever existing code, libraries, or tools you want. The point is to make a game![/quote]
What about resources (like images, music, sound effects, fonts)?

What about resources (like images, music, sound effects, fonts)?

Don't care :P Just make a fun game fitting the theme. Do make sure that you have the rights to redistribute any media assets you didn't author yourself, though.

Oh, and for the theme, I fully expect a lot of you to go 'WTF?!ARG!?'. It'll take effort to think of something cool. The last time I did this the theme was 'sticky', so don't expect something simple like bullet hell, bananas, or ninja monkeys. ;)

Oh, and for the theme, I fully expect a lot of you to go 'WTF?!ARG!?'. It'll take effort to think of something cool. The last time I did this the theme was 'sticky', so don't expect something simple like bullet hell, bananas, or ninja monkeys. ;)

I forfeit.

Kidding. smile.gif Bring on the mental gymnastics.
Ninja monkeys would be awesome!!
what about existing code-basis :rolleyes:, library and such not existing game changed to theme ?
i'm up for a try, if i can get anything done in time <_<
but where will the contestants post there stuff ?
as im interested in the results, even if i dont participate

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement