What are you working on?

Started by
46 comments, last by Budinga 12 years, 9 months ago

[quote name='capn_midnight' timestamp='1304951236' post='4808553']
[quote name='owl' timestamp='1304914266' post='4808368']
[quote name='capn_midnight' timestamp='1304913284' post='4808365']
I'm actually not working on any games right now. My current project is a solar-powered water desalinization system. I have an idea for how to build paraboloid mirrors and sun-tracking systems very cheaply, so I will be trying it out pretty soon (i.e. as soon as I get my first pay check at my new job so I can buy supplies).

Cool! Besides that, are you still pushing the BAR thing?
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm still brewing, I'm still learning more about the food industry, I just can't do it until I have more funds and a proper partner. Turns out my friend who said he wanted to sell me his bar was full of shit. I knew he was lazy, but I didn't realize he just straight up bullshits all the time. Apparently, he had just been telling people he wanted to sell to drum up interest in the place. I don't really know why he thought attracting potential investors would attract new customers, but he's has a lot of strange ideas anyway. Anyway, at least I didn't learn the hard way that he'd make a bad business partner.

I'm trying to focus a lot more on small, obtainable projects these days. The solar-death-ray-cum-water-purifier is something were there are no original parts, just an original combination. I have a second project that is super-secret (I can say that it's a music toy, I'm trying to get this one patented), I have all the parts to build it, I've done some simple prototypes, I just need to put soldering iron to PCB. I recently posted about a Tetris game I wrote where two players competed against each other by arm wrestling, that was a fun build and a very good mix of 80% things I know and 20% new things to learn, instead of more like 50/50 on previous projects. Seems to be working out well.
[/quote]

Yeah. The initial investment is the hardest part of opening such a business. For the water purifier are you going to use one of these?
[/quote]

Something similar in concept, but probably not exactly that. I'm going to try a few things with cutting glass beer bottles to make high-temp adapters to silicone tubing. Cheap, downright scavenged from trash is the key here, because I'm conceiving of it as something that can be used in developing and disaster areas.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
I'm working on a game that's similar to Master of Orion 1. Link is in my signature, but here's some screenshots (note, I don't have a professional artist, so my art is crap):

SituationReport.png

shipdesign4.png

I'm working on a game that's similar to Master of Orion 1. Link is in my signature, but here's some screenshots (note, I don't have a professional artist, so my art is crap):

SituationReport.png

shipdesign4.png

That looks really good! I am going to have to give it a download soon!
I added some more stuff to my GUI library. I've learned some really neat tricks while making this. I'm not quite happy with the MessageBox yet.

newgui.png
I am currently working on:

1. MIDI Controller-related stuff (just finished a hardware project, moving on to some new and advanced firmware mods for the Midifighter).
  2. 2D SciFi viking game, using a custom C++/Lua engine, using OpenGL 3 for graphics, Intel Threading Building Blocks for multicore, SDL 1.3 for windowing and input, GLM for math, Bullet for physics. Component entity system based. No audio yet.
  3. Backend web development for money.
  4. Tinkering with various bits and pieces: a Qt-based mini-dwarf-fortress type thing; programming language concepts; bitcoin related stuff...

Amount of time spent on each is roughly in the above order, from most time to least time.
I am currently working on a very interesting storyline..... That is all I can say for now! =D
I'm building my hometown's church out of legobricks, the tower is done and it's about one meter high. I ran out of bricks and I'm waiting for the next ones I ordered. Don't have picture of it because my digicamera decided to take only totally black pictures for some reason.
Also I'm programming a minecraft stylish terrain with C++ for fun.
24897076.png
What the h*ll are you?
Working on a C64 game (more details in my journal). I'm currently on step 40 and I have no idea how many more are going to come.

[attachment=2401:supernatural_shot.png]

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Working on a C64 game (more details in my journal). I'm currently on step 40 and I have no idea how many more are going to come.

[attachment=2401:supernatural_shot.png]

Very cool, have you made any progress on this?
Currently just got picked up on a project as a System Design Lead... though were still in concept :-)

I usually just give my 2 cents, but since most of the people I meet are stubborn I give a 1$ so my advice isn't lost via exchange rate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement