• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RiBi

CPU/GPU image processing benchmark

This topic is 2602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'd like you all to try out my application which compares the image processing speed of you GPU and GPU. This is my bachelor thesis application I put together in just a couple of days so don't expect anything amazing.

The application is shipped in 32 and 64 bit version. All you need to do is to click the "Batch test" button, select the image2.bmp and post the generated txt file results along with your system specs here (or to richard.biely at gmail com) . The test might take a while (max. 15 minutes) and you system might stop responding during the time the test is running, so don't panic if that happens ;)

Hopefully, the app won't crash for you :) The download link is here

[media]http://www.gamedev.net/gallery/image/759-app/[/media]

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you,
Richard

EDIT: There is a bug in Cloo OpenCL framework for which there seems to be no proper solution right now, so for some of you the program might not work regardless of my effort. Program will work for ATI only graphics card, because NVIDIA has yet to make a serious OpenCL 1.1 driver.

Advertisement
I tried it but it does not work for me at all. I tried running each exe but they crashed immediately ("BAC.exe has stopped working..."), no buttons or gui or anything. WinVista 32bit with nvidia 8800.

Your specs are fine.

Try now. When parsing OpenCL platforms and devices, I did case-sensitve comparsions instead of case-insensitive ones. I hope the issue does not remain. If it does, maybe deleting both OpenCL.dll files could help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!