• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Technophile

Techie needed :)

This topic is 2775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I realise this may be the wrong site but can anyone provide me with a script that will allo me to send emails to a specific address the content of which automatically uploads to my website? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

I realise this may be the wrong site but can anyone provide me with a script that will allo me to send emails to a specific address the content of which automatically uploads to my website? Any help will be greatly appreciated

This is not a simple script solution. For a start you do not state what technology is used for your site. Is it Static HTML, PHP, ASP.NET. JavaServer or Coldfusion etc?

You then probably need access to the server as you will have to interact with the email server directly. Most hosting packages will not allow this. You will then need to write a program to go through the emails finding the ones it needs and parsing the content to then write to a database. You will then need to write server side code for your site in order to query the database and select the content to display.

It is unfortunately not a simple solution that someone on a forum will be able to help you with. However if you break it down into small parts then people on here and other forums may well be able to help.

Unless I have got completely the wrong end of the stick?

If you have FTP access to your site it may just be a case of downloading the old file, replacing the text and overwriting. That (In code obviously) may be the way to go about it :)

If it's an SMTP server you can telnet into port 25 and issue SMTP commands directly - not something for the faint-hearted though (especially if the server is configured to not echo back typed input!)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!