Amazing Curves Racing (Simulation)

Started by
5 comments, last by John Schultz 12 years, 10 months ago
shapeimage_2.jpg

I'd love to hear what racing simulation fans think of Amazing Curves Racing.

The project goal is to create a high quality, physically accurate online simulation that is also easy to set up and play.
Simple graphics, advanced physics and high-quality online multiplayer interaction.
The business model is a low-cost subscription service (coupon for free access below).
The cars range from high performance V8 sports cars to ultra high performance Formula with very stiff suspensions and high downforce.
The tire physics interact directly on cubic 3D curved surfaces which provide a unique, high-quality simulation feel.
I created this simulation in my spare time over the past few years (solo project).

Get it here: http://www.brightland.com ( coupon code required to get free access: [font="Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif"]A5B481976F )[/font]

I'll post how-to videos shortly.
Advertisement
Here's a Formula Test showing the Turbo Reset feature. After crashing, press the assigned reset button or key to immediately reset on the track at 100 MPH. It's a great feature for online play which solves the problem of crashers (Turbo Resets can be limited as well as timed before allowing it to be used again).

[media]
[/media]
Edited: Nevermind. :P

I'm not sure what youtu.be is... I think I'll pass on clicking on that. I'd recommend other people be careful as well, though I may just be looking like an idiot. If that's the case, why not just put it on youtube instead of trying to disguise it as a youtube video... something doesn't add up.

It links to
it's safe.

Nice game. That's a fair few cars there...

Saving the world, one semi-colon at a time.

[quote name='Impervious' timestamp='1304981174' post='4808758']
I'm not sure what youtu.be is... I think I'll pass on clicking on that. I'd recommend other people be careful as well, though I may just be looking like an idiot. If that's the case, why not just put it on youtube instead of trying to disguise it as a youtube video... something doesn't add up.

It links to http://www.youtube.c...mVcE50RChM&hd=1 it's safe.

Nice game. That's a fair few cars there...
[/quote]

Hmm... When I hovered over his, the link remained the same, but when I hovered over yours (which isn't spelled out exactly the same as the url) it says the correct URL. I guess it is some strange redirect which I haven't seen before...
Hi John,

I remember checking out an early wip version a long time ago.Youtube video looks good; Are the cars who are displayed as "ghosts" cars who are just reset, or players with a too high ping to collide with? (As online racing game with this high fidelty physics would suffer quite bad from lag I suppose)

I tried hosting a game / playing solo, but it always crashes when loading at 90% (see attachement).

Cheers,

Martijn

[attachment=2243:crash.png]
New build uploaded- check it out; all feedback appreciated!

Get the new installer here: http://www.brightland.com

Thanks,

John

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement