• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
akaitora

Bezier Curves

This topic is 2693 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to create a smooth path for my AI to follow. I am interested in using Bezier Curves to solve this problem. I am currently reading up on Bezier Curves and trying to learn how they work and how to use them. When creating a Bezier curve, do you just take multiple curves and connect them all together to form a path? If so, why do you do this?

Advertisement
Because only the two control points at the ends are lying on the curve. All other points are not lying on the curve.

Since you don't seem to have a good grasp of Bezier curves yet, perhaps this is still a good time to consider cubic splines... I find them very easy to work with.

I haven't found many useful cubic spline walk throughs on google. Are there any you recommend?

You should probably search for "Catmull-Rom splines" in Google. These are a particular type of cubic spline where the derivative at each node is computed as the slope that connects the previous node and the next. For some situations you may want to allow yourself control over what the derivative should be.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!