Problem With BeginPass

Started by
2 comments, last by hossainiir 12 years, 11 months ago
I am programming in DirectX 9. I am using D3DXEffect to handle shaders. My code was working fine on my computer, then I sent it t somebody else to run, and they reported an error where it was failing on a call to BeginPass. I turned on full directX debugging and now I find the following error in my log on the first BeginPass() call:

Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid constant data pointer. SetVertexShaderConstantF failed.

Seems likely that the D3DXEffect library is messing up somehow and giving a null pointer to directx SetShaderConstantF function. What can I do to fix it?
Advertisement
Hi, i had the same problem with texture and Quad mesh for render target, in my pc the code work good and on some other didn't work, at last we understood that graphic card caused the problem, our graphic card was nVidia and the testing computer had ATI graphic card.
are the graphics card from same brand?
excuse for bad english.

???? ?? ??? ????

Persian Gulf

My card was a GeForce 8200M G the one on which it failed was a nVidia GeForce 8500 GT.

Hi, i had the same problem with texture and Quad mesh for render target, in my pc the code work good and on some other didn't work, at last we understood that graphic card caused the problem, our graphic card was nVidia and the testing computer had ATI graphic card.
are the graphics card from same brand?
excuse for bad english.
i think that this kind of problem cause by graphic cards, did you try run your code in other pc with [color=#1C2837][size=2]GeForce 8200M G ??

???? ?? ??? ????

Persian Gulf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement