Thesis In Physics

Started by
6 comments, last by karsnen 12 years, 11 months ago
Hello Devs,

As a part of my course work, I have to submit a thesis proposal. I am interested in working
in relation to the field of gaming and Physics.

Could you provide me with some info that would help me.

Thank you.

Karsnen.
Advertisement
Help us help you: tell what your professors like, you like, you already know particularly well, you have a fetish for, you are likely to study anyway, etc. in physics, and someone will be able to suggest how it can be applied to games. A thesis project about a topic that is important but you don't care about, or doesn't even fit your courses, wouldn't be a good choice.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

I am currently researching chaos and evolutionary computation, which i find very interesting. If you do too check out this book.
@LorenzoGatti
My Prof expect a final application at the end of the day.
As far as my proposal is concerned, it should basically answer the questions "WHAT", "WHY" and "HOW"
and the proposal has to be a one page document. Along with my proposal I have to submit 3 existing papers
which have to be as a reference.

I already have ample amount of knowledge on physics and I am interested too.

In fact I am fetish about kinematics. My instinct says that I could do something on Kinematics with respect to 2 d games.
I do not have any more specific ideas on this though. Some relevant information of how this topic could be perceived with
reference papers would be great and thank you too.

P.S. I have done much info and I have only one day left to submit my proposal. KINDLY help me.
If you wanted to write about physics in a game then the best thing to do is to do a racing game such as DiRT or Gran Turismo 5. The physics teams there are extremely good at making things feel like your actually driving the car. You could talk about how engines interpret the gravitational energy and how friction affects the rate at which the car corners. You could also load up an engine and conduct some experiments on different surfaces. Hope this helps :)
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz
XFX ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro USB 3.0
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 1600MHz
THERMALTAKE V3
SEAGATE 500GB
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 Bit
@PREDATOR_UK

Thank you. I am searching for ref materials right now. It helped as a start from me:).

@PREDATOR_UK

Thank you. I am searching for ref materials right now. It helped as a start from me:).

Is this for an undergraduate thesis? You could start with Brian Mirtich's PhD thesis: http://www.kuffner.org/james/software/dynamics/mirtich/index.html , or check any of the references listed in the thread stickied at the top of the forum.
It is not a undergrad thesis. It is a post grad thesis. Thank you for the info, I am looking into it. Is there anything more you could provide me?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement