• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
akhin

Research Topics

This topic is 2689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all

I a looking for research projects for my msc dissertation , I have another thread for the topic of multithreaded rendering

Except that one , I would go for other projects. The topics I"d like to work would be :

1. deferred rendering
2. SSAO
3. virtual (mega) textures

but to be able to pick one of them , I need to come up with a good research question.

What would be good to look for in those areas , what kind of project which is not just yet another implementation would make sense ?

Advertisement
There isnt much that cant be done already in those techniques... Maybe antiliasing in deferred rendering (especially temporal antialiasing).

Or a new technique to do Subsurface Scattering in real time with better quality.

You can also focus on, for instance, Skin rendering and many other topics... Take a look at GPU Gems Series to find existing techniques, choose one and try improve it.

Also, what about a new Real time Global Illumination technique?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!