Deploying XNA program using Visual Studio Installer

Started by
8 comments, last by Machaira 12 years, 11 months ago
Hi. I made a simple XNA program with about 20 png images in the content pipeline program, and it runs fine in Visual Studios.

The problem is when I run the .EXE file, which the .msi installer (created using Visual Studios Installer) created after installation.

I attached a couple of screenshots of my situation. Notice on the 2nd screenshot the 20 png images are not found in the Application Folder, even though I have configured the installer to include it. :(

Please help I really have no clue about this anymore. I have 2 different ebooks on XNA, but none of them tells me how to deploy a game...
Advertisement
did you install the XNA runtime ?
i had that problem when i was trying that out. it is on the XNA site or you could google for it
:)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

i had that problem when i was trying that out. it is on the XNA site or you could google for it

Yes I already had it installed. Maybe it wasn't included in the installer? How do I include it in the installer?

It's also possible that the problem is entirely different...
I still need help on this...

Right now, the way I test my game is through OneClick Installer. TBH I don't really like how it installs my game. It's not how typical programs are installed...

[quote name='ryan20fun' timestamp='1305270281' post='4810101']

Yes I already had it installed. Maybe it wasn't included in the installer? How do I include it in the installer?

It's also possible that the problem is entirely different...
[/quote]
sorry about that, i was very much so preocupioed with the GameDev.net Community Challenge(5 seconds of being smart cost me atleast 5 hours of pain)
i last used the VS instal project about 2 years ago(briefly to see what it is about) and i remember there being a dependicy's tab or something in the projects settings or in solution explorer, im going to try makeing a VS install project and see how to do it :)

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

oh, i just noticed ive got a install shield project type and then some VS project types, which one do you want ?
il try the install shield first then maybe the others

---edit---
i cant use the install shield one as i have to download and register or something for it.
so the VS one will do

Yeah I'll wait for your response about VS installer :) Thanks
i PMed you This
but if you missed it and for anybody else who is interested

any luck ?

You might want to read this and this.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement