• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kjeks2k

Autoinstall Oalinst with Visual Studio installer

This topic is 2743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey!

I just finished creating a c++ game in visual studio, and i have used OpenAL for the sound effects, but it turns out that just adding the openAL32.dll isnt enough. It seems that it needs to install oalinst.exe before any sound can be played.

I am using the buildt in installer feature in Visual Studio 10 - Ultimate to make the installer.

My question is this: Is it possible to make the installer install oalinst.exe automaticly if it is not previously installed on the computer? And if so, how can i do it?

Thanks in advance =)
Kjeks2k

Advertisement
It is possible. But requires being able to do a little scripting. The program is called NSIS and is available here --> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

You will have to learn the commands and then write and compile the script. But I have used it and works very well.

Also, a nice side of NSIS is that it is Open Source and can be used for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial without cost. :D

Sadly, it isn't simple as just posting a script. :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!