• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Indie Games development from the ground up

This topic is 2468 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a project/website to document the path of a complete noob (me) from knowing nothing about game development to publishing a game. I'm documenting the research I do, the decisions I have to make, etc and providing video tutorials to share what I have learned. I hope to get a prototype up quickly so that folks can give me feedback on the progress of the game. What I really want to do is provide people with a complete picture of a simple game development project and the skills needed, problems faced and lessons learned. Feel free to follow my progress and provide feedback because I will need all the help I can get =)

subspacegames.com

Wade
Subspace Games

Advertisement
Just an update, I am just about finished with the intro videos on my game engine of choice - Shiva3D - and have planned to get a basic prototype of my game in a web-playable format onto my webpage this weekend. I'll post again when it is up. The idea is to get feedback/testing so that I can make changes as I go along rather than testing at the end when it may be too late. A lot of the interviews I have listened to stress the iterative approach, so we will see how it goes. Thanks for taking a look!

Wade
subspacegames.com

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement